Thursday, November 17, 2016

Project 2: Counter

The first project that I built was a simple Counter App.

It has two buttons.

One button that increments a counter and one to reset it back to 0.


Sam first takes us through building the interface by dragging and dropping element onto a page ("Storyboard").

From the list of possible items, it looks as though there aren't many options to choose which could explain why a bunch of apps look like they have the same buttons and text.


After the interface was all built he guides us in building the code that is used to make things change.

Here's a screenshot of the split view.





And then here is the finished product of my app.




To conclude I must say that I appreciated how Sam took the time to explain very basic things to the viewer. As a developer with 2+ years of experience, I don't realize what things may not be quite so intuitive to a user. And because of that I would definitely recommend this course so far.

It helps that Sam built this project right after learning how to build these apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment